Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Module 4: Boolean Searching Task


I decided to use Google Advanced Search for this task. Here I searched for "audio equipment" but then I added "sale" to my search so that I could get the results that I wanted. There was a total of 1,210,000 hits from the search. The first few hits were quite of relevance to me since they were the type of information I was looking for.


To find the most number of hits relating to the key words and information most relevant to me, I searched for "audio equipment sale". The information I was searching for was for the prices and sales of audio equipments. To find information coming from only university sources, I believe I would have to type in "university" along with my keywords in my search.
The great point about Boolean Searching is that it narrows the search and specificially finds information most relevant to the searcher. This is a very useful tool since it excludes unnecessary information appearing in the search results and it is a more efficient method of finding certain informations.

No comments: